Match each work on the left with its meaning on the right. Once
all the words are matched search for the words in the wordsearch
- ___ castle
- ___ chandelier
- ___ crowd
- ___ crown
- ___ emperor
- ___ fisherman
- ___ flounder
- ___ garden
- ___ husband
- ___ kitchen
- ___ ornaments
- ___ sea
- ___ trumpet
- ___ wife
A. A musical instrament
B. The room in a house where you cook food
C. A large number of people
D. A hat made of gold worn by kings
E. A body of water, larger then a lake, but smaller then an ocean
F. A type of fish
G. The man in a marriage
H. The leader of an empire
I. A massive house
J. A person who catches fish
K. A lighting fixture suspended from a ceiling
M. The woman in a marriage
N. A plot of land where food is grown
F I S H E R M A N A K U J Z
L T D C H A N D E L I E R H
O R N A M E N T S W T I P U
U U W S X C R O W D C A R S
N M S T C R O W N E H T H B
D P D L M Y D W I F E O L A
E E S E A G A R D E N A I N
R T E M P E R O R M C Y H D
- Why did the man release the flounder when he first caught it?
- Why did the man keep going back to the flounder. He knew it was wrong but did what his wife told him, why?
- Why did the wife want bigger houses and more power?
- Why did the flounder take away everything in the end?
Other Fun Things|
- In the story the husband returned to the castle and found his wife surrounded by servants. There was
a giant two miles high and a dwarf as small as a finger. Draw a picture of the man returning to the
castle and all the servants around his wife, or draw another picture from the story.
- Fish live in all kinds of water. Some fish live in warm water, some in cold water. Some like salty
water and others like fresh water. Do some research on fish and find out what kind of fish lives in the
water near you. Ask your parents if you can go fishing and try to catch one.
- Fish can be kept as pets in glass aquarium or bowls. Go to a pet store and look at all the fish
which are kept in tanks. They come in all different sizes and colours. If your parents let you have a
pet fish be sure to take good care of it, but don't make too many wishes from it.